Saturday, August 16, 2008

Wedding Week - Dog on Strike!!

All I have been hearing about all summer is the big wedding in Steamboat Springs. I have gone to several wedding planning events and entertained the little people while the big people folded programs, tied bows, altered tuxedos & dresses, stuffed gift bags, etc. There was talk of airport runs, condominiums, hot springs, inner-tubing, nice dinners out, and endless parties. I was so excited for the wedding week to arrive.

I watched my people pack their suitcases, then I watched them get my stuff together...leash, food, treats... this was going to be awesome!! Jumped in the car...drove 3 blocks...wait...what?? This wasn't Steamboat Springs - this was the doggie day car/dog kennel place. Are you joking? Sure enough, they dropped me off with my ziploc bag of food and they drove off.

I went on strike then and there. I was really mad. I was never going to forgive them. Then they came back to pick me up five days later and I was so happy to see them - I couldn't stop wagging my tail. OK - I forgive them already. Damn.

No comments: