Saturday, August 22, 2009

Surf's up, Dude!!

Here I am in Los Angeles, waiting for my big break...hoping to be discovered...yea, I'm gonna' be on the big screen someday. Yup! Can't believe we have been here a month already and not a single producer, director, casting agent or fellow dog/actor has even noticed me. C'mon...I am CUTE!!
Things are a bit different here, that is for sure. For example, the apartment that we live in has an ELEVATOR!!! Can you believe that? I had never even been in an elevator before, but now I know all about pushing the right buttons, turning around & waiting, not getting in the down when you want the up and vice-versa, not wrapping my leash around people's ankles, holding my bladder in the morning until we are out of the elevator and out of the building...yea, it is definitely different here than in the mountains!

Here's another thing that is crazy - we have a swimming pool on our roof!! That's right - if you push the right elevator buttons you can get all the way to the top and end up at a swimming pool. There is a pretty good view up there too - on one side I can see the buildings of downtown LA (that is were Paul works) and on the other side I can see the Hollywood sign and Runyon Canyon. Runyon Canyon is a big off-leash dog park in Hollywood that has hiking trails and hundreds of other dogs and famous people. I love going there!
And another thing - there are a LOT of people here. And cars. And dogs. And busses. And more dogs. And helicopters. And more dogs. And trucks. And more busses. And more dogs. And more cars. And trash trucks. And more dogs. And more cars. And cats. And more dogs. It takes me forever to walk just one block because I have to stop and smell everything and there is just so much to smell...
We got to spend a day at the beach...I love the beach!! We drove up the Pacific Coast Highway to a place called Malibu and Leo Carillo State Park. This is a lot different than the beaches in Florida - the water is a bit colder, there are big rocks, the sand is different, and the waves are a LOT bigger. But the Pacific Ocean still tasted exactly the same as the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean. Bleeeechh!! Acccchhhhkkk!! How much fun it was to run and swim and chase the ball and roll in the sand and sleep in the sun!

In the afternoon we got to watch the filming of a music video. I was ready just in case they decided that they needed a dog as an extra...but they never even asked me. Damn.

We have a lot more exploring to do here in Los Angeles. If any of you want to come out an explore with me I would be happy to show you around the neighborhood! I know how to cross streets now and I can push the elevator buttons. So come on out!! Happy Trails!

No comments: