Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Left Coast

After my people finally returned from their little Mexican fiesta (you know, the one without me...but I'm not bitter) they picked me up from the Canine Cabana and we settled in for a long and scenic drive up the left coast. Specifically, we were heading up the Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles all the way to Seattle, Washington. Wherever that is.

I was quite fatigued from my week at the Cabana, so I generally settled somewhere on a soft pillow or blanket in the car and gazed out the windows and had fantastic doggie-dreams.
Occasionally I would summon the energy to get out of the car and look out over the ocean, feel the salt spray on my face, drain my bladder and settle back in for a few more hours. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.
Is this road trip supposed to take FIVE DAYS?? Really people...could you drive a little faster next time?

So we landed in Seattle, Washington. It is cold. It is wet. And did I mention wet & cold? But there are trees and parks and lakes and more trees and geese and ducks and wild animals and more trees and lots of places to run and play! Hooray for Seattle!! Damn tho...it is cold! And I have to wear a coat sometimes when I go out - how humiliating.

No comments: