Saturday, June 28, 2008

Grand County - Grand Exploring





OK, so my people took me to this awesome cabin somewhere in the Rocky Mountains (Grand Lake) which was fully stocked with dog toys, yet I was the only dog there so I didn't even have to share! Nice. It was just a short walk to the most gigantic and freezing cold swimming pool (Lake Granby) I have ever seen, the smelliest fishy mud I have ever rolled in, and acres and acres and acres of rodent and other critter trails. Unbelievable. I was in dog heaven.

We spent several days there, went on a bunch of long walks and sometimes my people even let me run without a leash. Free at last...free at last!










We went climbing up some wild trail over boulders and through pine forests and I got to splash in ice cold streams and roll in stuff I had never smelled before. I saw a humongous cow (elk) and barked like crazy, and sniffed some huge cat tracks in the snow (mountain lion) and tried to swim across a pond to play with a labrador (beaver) carrying a big log. It was a great adventure.


I was so tired after those few day that I fell asleep and had the best dog dreams you could ever imagine. When I woke up, we were back in the city. Damn.

No comments: