Saturday, July 19, 2008

Into Thin Air



I love car rides...I love to ride in the back, in the front, on top of boxes, in my bed, on a suitcase, on a lap - short rides, long rides, open highway, windy curves, bumpy dirt roads - to the store, to a new state, to the vet, to visit little people...it doesn't matter. I love car rides. Except for this one. (*see next post, people notes)


So what if the view was nice...it was a baaaaaaad car ride! And what happened to the oxygen?

My people promised me a fun hike in the mountains this week. I think they forgot that I am 10 inches tall and only have about 1-1/2 inches of ground clearance. Those rocks are hard to climb. I almost made them carry me, but then I discovered it is easy and fun to slide down the glacial snow, and then I saw the giant mountain goats and decided to chase them instead. (*see next post, people notes)



Then came the most humiliating ride of my life. Not in the car...on a scooter. Are you kidding?? At least we got to scooter to the dog park and chase balls for a while. It was a bit embarassing, but my people tell me I will learn to like it. Sounds like there is going to be more scootering in my future.
Damn.

1 comment:

Sweet Ginny said...

Odie, Ginny's mommy here. You are so freaking cute, it kills me!!

You look so much like Eddie did in his younger days.

The backpack is really funny!! Ginny says she is REALLY glad she is too big to fit in one of those things . . .

Or is she? Hmmmmmm.