Friday, July 4, 2008

It's July Already?

My people have been very busy...the month of June is already gone and they totally forgot my birthday. Yes, that's right people - I turned 2 on June 1st, but you were too busy to remember. No frosty-paws, no smoky-bones-dog-biscuits, no scooter helmet, no dancing poodles, no puppy pedicure ... I got nothin'. I am still upset.


We have been on a couple more hikes in the mountains and that is fun stuff. There is still a bunch of snow up there and it is a blast to run & jump & roll in it. I really like the water in the streams too, feels good on my little paw pads. The bad part is that I have to get a bath after every single hike - that makes no sense at all because I work really hard at getting that awful baby shampoo smell off of my hair while hiking.


I also got to visit the little people a few more times in June. There is this one little person, Marcus, who is awesome. He brings me food and just holds it in my face. I don't have to sit, or sit up, or roll over or anything for it. He just gives it to me!! And he shares his sippy cup with me. I love Marcus. The little people twins, Adam and Jacob are cool too, but Adam never lets me have any of his goldfish, and Jacob always has really clean hands and he won't let me lick them.

Now my people are wanting me to go to work - something about going to visit sick people in hospitals and stuff like that. I'm totally ok with doing that, I like people and I think the green vest I get to wear will be way cool. However, there is some silly evaluation and test I have to pass before I can do that so Jeannie started taking me to an obedience class once a week. I don't really think I need obedience training - but I would have liked a birthday party. Anyhow, in class there is a 6 month old golden retriever, Lexi, and I sit next to her because she is the cutest girl in the class. It was really funny last week because every time Lexi's person gave her a command, I would do it. I wouldn't do it for Jeannie, but I was really trying to impress Lexi and her person so they would notice me. That wasn't working so well, so I peed in the middle of the floor. Twice. Oh yea, they'll notice me now!!!

Jeannie said that I can't take typing lessons until after I finish obedience training. I would prefer typing lessons because I could stay more current on my blog. She told me that I will probably never be a good typist because I don't have opposable thumbs. Damn.

1 comment:

Erik & Katy said...

Odie,

I find it downright deplorable that your parents forgot your birthday. No wonder you need therapy.

We're here for you if you need to talk.

Love,

Erik and Katy