Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Happy Trails Little Mountain People!

My people went to the 'Big Apple' and they didn't even bring me a lousy t-shirt. Sure, everybody else got a t-shirt, but not the dog. Hmmph.


I had a pretty good time staying here with Marcus and Miles, but we had a few issues. For example:

* I do like chewing on stuffed animals, but I am NOT a stuffed animal

* I do not like having my tail, ears or hair pulled

* I will escape through an open front door

* I do like sharing your people food, but I do NOT like when you try to eat my dog food

* I do like sleeping in your bed, but I do NOT like when you try to sleep in MY bed

* I do like chasing things, but I do not like being chased

* I am grumy when I don't get my full morning nap

* I will pick up a baby pacifier and run away with it every time it falls to the ground

(*People Note* Thanks a million Sam, Jess, Marcus & Miles...we appreciate you puttiing up with Odie while we were gone!)



It wasn't bad enough that my people went to NY and didn't take me, didn't call me once, didn't bring me back a single present...then they had the nerve to have a birthday party for Jeannie. Nobody remembered my birthday back in June, but both of my people had great birthday parties this summer. This one included homemade lasagne, homemade carrot cake (world's best) and ICE CREAM!!! I love ice cream. Thankfully the little people had to eat their ice cream outside on the porch right where I was waiting.....


Drop it....drop it....


Drop it....drop it....c'mon

Drop it....


Oh yea...he dropped it!!! That's all it took - one half eaten ice cream cone and all was forgiven!

The next morning we loaded up and headed eastsoutheast...somewhere in a general direction of Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas... I sure am going to miss Colorado and all the little people and the mountains and the hiking and the backyard and the squirrels. Back in the car, endless hours listening to the Jeannie sing-a-long. Damn.

No comments: